- Getting Started
- Selecting Rental Properties
- Rent It Out
- Finding Tenants
- Starting Tenancy
- Landlord Liabilities
- When Tenancy Ends
Selecting Rental Properties
Rent It Out
- ·How Do You Successfully Market Your Rental Property?
- ·Why It Is Important to Find a Good Tenant?
- ·What Qualities Make a Good Tenant?
- ·What Are the Warning Signs of a Future Bad Tenant?
- ·Does the Tenancy Agreement Include Anyone Besides the Tenant?
- ·Are There Any Limitations on the Number of Occupants?
- ·Do You Have the Right to Be Informed of New Occupants Moving in?
- ·Are Occupants Responsible for Paying Rent?
- ·What Is a Rental Application Form?
- ·Should You Use a Rental Application Form in the Tenant Screening Process?
- ·What Information Can You Find in an Applicant’s Credit Report?
- ·Where Can You Get an Applicant’s Credit Report?
- ·What Should You Look for in an Applicant’s Credit Report?
- ·Can You Refuse an Applicant Based on a Poor Credit Report?
- ·How Can You Verify the Income and Employment History of an Applicant?
- ·Can You Require Applicants to Pay an Application-Screening Fee?
- ·What Is Considered “Unlawful Discrimination” in a Rental Application Process?
- ·Should You Rent to Tenants Running Home Businesses in Your Property?
- ·Can You Refuse Rent to an Applicant Who Does Not Speak English?
- ·Can You Refuse to Lease to a Person With a Disability?
- ·Can You Refuse to Lease to a Tenant With a Mental Illness?
- ·Can a Tenant With Special Needs Request Accommodations to Your Property?
- ·What Are Examples of Reasonable Accommodations?
- ·What Is the Law on Renting to Pet Owners?
- ·Can You Rent to a Minor?