- Getting Started
- Selecting Rental Properties
- Rent It Out
- Finding Tenants
- Starting Tenancy
- Landlord Liabilities
- When Tenancy Ends
Selecting Rental Properties
Rent It Out
Setting Up the Lease
- ·What Is a Lease Agreement?
- ·What Are the Tenant’s Basic Rights That Cannot Be Restricted?
- ·Are You Legally Required to Act in Good Faith?
- ·How Should You Determine the Rent Price?
- ·Can You Lease Your Property and Live There at the Same Time?
- ·Can You Sign a Lease With More Than One Person?
- ·Can You Enter Your Rental in Case of an Emergency?
- ·What Is a Rental Agreement?
- ·What Is the Difference between a Lease and a Rental Agreement?
- ·What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Leases and Rental Agreements?
- ·Is a Verbal Rental Agreement Legally Binding?
- ·Why Is It Better to Have a Written Rental Agreement?
- ·How Do You Negotiate Lease Terms with Non-English Speaking Tenants?
- ·What Terms Are Usually Included in a Rental Agreement or Lease?
- ·Can You Require Your Tenant to Pay Rent in a Specific Form?
- ·Is Your Tenant Allowed to Sublet to Someone Else?
- ·What Should You Do If a Tenant Wants to Sublet?
- ·Should You Allow Your Tenant to Assign the Lease?
- ·Can Your Tenant Be the Landlord of a Third Person?
- ·What Should You Do If the Sub-Tenant Does Not Pay Rent?
- ·Can Your Tenant Find a Replacement When They Want to Finish the Lease Early?
- ·What Do You Do When a Tenant Damages Your Property?
- ·Can You Cut off Utility Services from the Tenant?
- ·What Do You Do When the Tenant Breaks the Lease Before the Agreed Date?
- ·What Do You Do When Tenants Violate Their Basic Legal Responsibilities?
- ·What Happens When You Fail to Monitor the Tenants' Activities?
- ·How Do You Deal With a Tenant’s Illegal Activity in Your Property?
- ·What Are Some Common Neighbor Disputes?
- ·What Do You Do When a Neighbor Is a Nuisance?
- ·Are You Liable If Your Tenant’s Neighbor Is Causing a Nuisance?
- ·What Happens to the Lease Agreement If Your Tenant Dies?