Do You Have the Right to Be Informed of New Occupants Moving in?
Yes. The tenant is required to inform you of the name of any occupant within 30 days of them moving in.
As a property owner, you should periodically ask tenants for information about the occupancy of your apartment. In this case, if the tenant fails to inform you, they will be liable for breach of contract.
Send a follow-up email every few months to collect the information from your tenants.
- How Do You Successfully Market Your Rental Property?
- Why It Is Important to Find a Good Tenant?
- What Qualities Make a Good Tenant?
- What Are the Warning Signs of a Future Bad Tenant?
- Does the Tenancy Agreement Include Anyone Besides the Tenant?
- Are There Any Limitations on the Number of Occupants?
- Are Occupants Responsible for Paying Rent?