How Do Evictions Affect Your Maintenance Responsibilities?
Throughout all steps of eviction, you must continue to maintain the tenant’s unit in accordance with local housing laws and health and safety codes. This is actually good for you and your tenant as well because you will want the unit to be in good shape to attract a new, more desirable tenant. Taking proper care of your property will help maintain its value and enable you to sell at the most favorable price. If your tenant is not cooperating, you may need to apply to the court for an order allowing you to enter the premises for necessary repairs.
- If Nothing Else Works Out, Should You Attempt to Evict Your Tenant?
- How Should You Initiate an Eviction Procedure?
- How Should You Conduct an Eviction Procedure?
- What Are the Steps for Eviction Proceedings?
- What Can You Expect to Encounter During an Eviction Hearing?
- Should You Try to Evict the Tenant Yourself?