What Is a HUD-Approved Housing Counselor?
HUD-Approved Housing Counselors are specially trained and certified housing specialists sponsored by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), who offer free counseling in case you are facing problems paying your mortgage.
Usually, HUD-Approved Housing Counselors provide free counseling related to issues such as foreclosure prevention, communication with your loan servicer (in case you are confused about your current status), or general education about mortgages and the foreclosure procedure.
Contact information for housing counselors may be found in your periodic statement.
You may also want to check The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for more information.
- What Does It Mean to Default on a Mortgage Loan?
- Is Paying Off My Mortgage Always the Best Financial Decision?
- Is It Better to Pay Off a Mortgage as Soon as Possible?
- What Happens If I Default on My Loan?
- Is It Possible to Make Late Payments on a Mortgage?
- Where Can I Find My Delinquency or Loan Default Information?
- What Are the Consequences If I Default on My Mortgage?
- What Is a Strategic Default?
- How Do I Strategically Default on My Mortgage?
- How Do I Get out of a Mortgage?