What Are the Interest Rate Trends for 2019?
It is difficult to make a specific trend prediction because the economic environment is not stable this year. According to the statistics for daily mortgage rates, interest rates have been decreasing recently. This general decline in interest rates will not immediately reverse course.
Bankrate (a consumer financial services company) has conducted a survey among experts in the mortgage industry. Among experts, only 22% predict rates will rise this year, while 78% think rates will fall. Very few predict rates will remain relatively unchanged.
Combined with an increase in pending home sales, this trend for interest rates hints at a rise in home buying.
- How Are Interest Rates Calculated?
- What Interest Rate Predictions Do Economists Have for the Upcoming Years?
- What Is the Difference Between Mortgage Interest Rates and APRs?
- How Long Is My Mortgage Rate Good For?
- What Is the Difference Between Fixed-Rate and Adjustable-Rate Mortgages?
- What Are the Advantages of a Fixed-Rate Mortgage?
- What Are the Disadvantages of a Fixed-Rate Mortgage?
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of an Adjustable-Rate Mortgage?
- Which Banks Give You the Best Mortgage Rates?