How Long Do I Have to Complete a 1031 Exchange?
The most common type of 1031 exchange gives you 45 days to find a new property after executing the sale of your current property. You have 180 days to complete the exchange overall. However, there are several other types of 1031 exchange with various timeline requirements.
You should determine which type of exchange best suits your timeline and be sure to complete and close the purchases within the designated limit.
- What Is a 1031 Exchange?
- How Do I Complete a 1031 Exchange Application?
- How Do I Choose a Qualified Intermediary for a 1031 Exchange?
- What Type of Property Can I Swap in a 1031 Exchange?
- What Are Some Advantages Provided by a 1031 Exchange?
- What Is the Timeline for a 1031 Exchange Application?
- How Can I Use a 1031 Exchange to Stop Managing Property?
- How Can I Take Advantage of a 1031 Exchange?
- What Is "Like-Kind" Property in a 1031 Exchange?
- What Is the "Boot" in a 1031 exchange?
- How Do I Fully Defer the Tax on the Sale of My Property through a 1031 Exchange?
- What Is a Delayed 1031 Exchange?
- What Is a Reverse 1031 Exchange?
- Do I Need an Intermediary for a 1031 Exchange?