What Are Some Questions I Should Ask a Potential Mortgage Broker?
Ask questions to help you evaluate the broker's intent on having your best interests in mind. For example, ask for references and find out how prompt and accessible they are. Evaluate their breadth of knowledge by asking for estimates on the types of loans that will be available to you. Consider asking questions that will reduce unwanted surprises such as costs and hidden fees.
- What Is a Mortgage Broker?
- Can a Mortgage Broker Offer FHA, VA, or USDA Loans?
- Are Mortgage Brokers Connected to the Financial Crisis?
- Can a Mortgage Broker Offer Jumbo Loans?
- What Are the Limitations of Using a Mortgage Broker?
- Will Using a Mortgage Broker Save Me Money?
- How Can I Find a Mortgage Broker?
- Do I Communicate with the Lender While Using a Mortgage Broker?
- What Will a Mortgage Broker Need from Me?
- Who Pays the Mortgage Broker?
- How Do Mortgage Brokers Find and Select Mortgage Loans?
- How Should I Prepare Before Meeting with a Mortgage Broker?
- What Happens If My Loan Is Declined When I Use a Mortgage Broker?