Can I Deduct My Mortgage Interest?
Yes, you can deduct the mortgage interest you pay on a loan secured by your primary home or second home. You would include this deduction on the IRS Form 1040.
Keep in mind, this deduction is only available if you file an IRS Form 1040 and itemize your tax deductions.
- What Sort of Tax Benefits Are Available to Homeowners?
- How Do I Calculate the Amount of My Mortgage Credit Certificate?
- What Other Aspects of My Mortgage Can I Deduct?
- Is There a Limit to Mortgage Tax Deductions?
- What Types of Loans are Eligible for a Deduction?
- How Do I Calculate the Mortgage Tax Deduction?
- How Did Tax Reform Change the Mortgage Interest Deduction?
- What Is a Mortgage Credit Certificate?
- How Can I Qualify for a Mortgage Credit Certificate?