What Are the Differences Between Mortgage Brokers and Loan Officers?
The loan officer works for the direct lender as a type of sales representative. They will show you loans offered by the direct lender.
A mortgage broker is a person or business that acts as a middleman. Mortgage brokers are not directly employed by a lender; they work with a network of lenders and are the intermediaries who bring borrowers and lenders together.
- What Are My Options for Lenders?
- When Should I Use a Direct Lender?
- What Are Some Reasons to Use a Mortgage Broker Instead of a Direct Lender?
- Can I Use Both a Mortgage Broker and a Direct Lender?
- How Do I Choose the Best Lender for My Mortgage?
- Who Are the Best Mortgage Lenders for First-Time Buyers?
- How Many Mortgage Lenders Should I Talk To?
- Should I Get a Mortgage from a Bank or a Non-Bank Lender?
- How Do I Decide Which Mortgage Broker to Use?
- Can I Still Use a Mortgage Broker If I Have Bad Credit?
- What Is an FHA Approved Broker?
- What Is a Direct Lender?