How Do You Choose Your Insurance?
Few landlords can afford adequate insurance to guard against all possible risks. You need to determine which types of insurance are important and how much insurance you need to purchase. There are many factors to consider, including the status and location of the rental property. While choosing insurance is not always an easy task, setting priorities, selecting high deductibles, inspecting your properties, and comparing different companies will be helpful.
It may also help to consider these questions: What insurance do you really need? What types of property losses would threaten the viability of your business? What kinds of liability lawsuits might destroy your business? Use your answers to tailor your coverage to protect against these potentially disastrous losses and common claims. Buy insurance against serious risks where the insurance is reasonably priced.
- Should You Purchase Insurance Policies for Your Rentals?
- What Are the Guidelines for Property Inspections?
- What Are the Guidelines for Comparison Shopping?
- How Can You Use Insurance to Protect Yourself From Disasters?
- What Is Insurance Fraud?
- What Is the Legislation in the United States on Insurance Fraud?
- What Is the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud?
- What Are the Key Features of a Successful Landlord’s Policy?
- What Is the Scope of Your Insurance?
- How Much Insurance Coverage Should You Purchase?
- What Is the “Ordinance or Law Coverage”?
- What Are Punitive Damages and Are They Covered by Insurance?
- How Do You Choose and Work With an Insurance Agent?
- What Are the Benefits of Selecting High Deductibles?