What Is the “Ordinance or Law Coverage”?

If you need to replace an old building with a new building after a fire or other damage, then the simple replacement coverage of the existing building will not be enough. The key issue is that the law requires the building to be stronger, safer, and more fire-resistant. As a result, you’ll need to upgrade the new building rather than just replacing the old building. To deal with this situation, purchase an insurance plan that not only pays for replacement costs, but also pays for the costs of upgrades. This type of insurance is called "Ordinance or Law Coverage". This insurance is seldom covered by your existing insurance policy and you should specifically request it.