When Are Servicers Allowed to Stop Providing Periodic Statements or Coupon Books?
Periodic statements must be sent at the end of each billing cycle. However, there are certain cases where servicers are not required to send any more periodic statements to borrowers, for example:
When the loan is fully paid
When the loan is paid off through a refinancing or sale of the house
When the loan is discharged in a foreclosure sale
Servicing companies must still send you periodic statements even if you are delinquent on your loan.
- What Is Predatory Mortgage Servicing?
- What Are the Specific Formal Requirements for Periodic Statements?
- What Are Coupon Books and When Can They Replace Periodic Statements?
- How Are Periodic Statements Delivered?
- What Is the Rule on Interest Rate Adjustment Notices?
- When Should I Receive an Interest Rate Adjustment Notice?
- What Information Must Be Included in the Initial and Ongoing Interest Rate Adjustment Notices?
- What Is the Prompt Payment Crediting Rule for Servicing Companies?
- What Are the Prompt Payment Crediting and Payoff Statement Rules for Servicers?
- Can the Loan Servicer Refuse to Provide You with a Payoff Balance Statement within 7 Days?
- Can I Choose My Mortgage Servicing Company?
- Are There Any Rules Regarding Written Communication with Servicing Companies?
- Are Servicers Allowed to Charge a Borrower for Force-Placed Insurance Coverage?
- What Are the General Rules Regarding Servicing Policies, Procedures, and Requirements?
- Are There Any Special Rules for Servicers When Dealing with Delinquent Borrowers?
- What Is the "Successors in Interest Rule" for Servicing Companies?
- How Should I Inform Servicers When I Become a Successor in Interest?
- Am I Liable for the Loan Once Confirmed as a Successor in Interest?
- Can I Change My Mortgage Servicing Company?
- Can I Turn to a Government Agency to Complain Against a Mortgage Servicing Company?
- Are There Any Federal Laws Protecting Me from Mortgage Servicers?
- What Are the Mortgage Servicing Rules Issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau?
- What Is the Periodic Statement Rule for Mortgage Servicers?
- Are There Any Exceptions to the Periodic Statement Rule?
- How Many Periodic Statements Am I Entitled to Receive?