What Sort of Tax Benefits Are Available to Homeowners?
The primary tax benefits for homeowners are deductions. The numerous tax deductions available to homeowners include the mortgage interest tax deduction and the property tax deduction. Homeowners may also reduce taxable capital gain after the sale of a home and deduct the interest on their home equity loans.
If you work from home, you may be able to deduct the cost of improving or repairing your home office.
- How Do I Calculate the Amount of My Mortgage Credit Certificate?
- Can I Deduct My Mortgage Interest?
- What Other Aspects of My Mortgage Can I Deduct?
- Is There a Limit to Mortgage Tax Deductions?
- What Types of Loans are Eligible for a Deduction?
- How Do I Calculate the Mortgage Tax Deduction?
- How Did Tax Reform Change the Mortgage Interest Deduction?
- What Is a Mortgage Credit Certificate?
- How Can I Qualify for a Mortgage Credit Certificate?